St. Luke’s Medical Center is a privately owned hospital founded by William Augustus Muhlenberg, pastor of the Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion. It first opened its doors in 1858 at 54th street and Fifth Avenue but moved to its current location of 114th street in 1896. The 114th street location was designed by Ernest Flagg, a prominent socialite architect. The hospital holds a total of 523 beds.
CBA provided full elevator modernization; design, engineering and construction management for a total of 2 passenger elevators and 1 wheelchair lift. Services include: specifications for modernization, full elevator service maintenance contract, shop drawings review, construction administration services, and project close-out.
Swanke Hayden Connell Architects
Modernization of 2 elevators and 1 wheelchair lift.